The Birth Doula of Orlando
Welcome to Doula Orlando, the home of Bethanie Stardust. I serve the greater Central Florida area.
As a doula I am an invaluable addition to your birthing experience and can provide deep support to an expecting mother at all levels of care - whether it be a home birth, a birthing center or a hospital.
I hope to to supplement and support the miraculous experience of your birthing process. I am a mother who has personally given birth to a beautiful baby girl at home surrounded by loved ones - allowing me to bring a unique perspective and a level of empathy and care to my clients. Sometimes, it's just reassuring knowing someone has really been there - and I have.
To find out more information about me how I can help you, feel free to explore the site!
Live Doula Updates!
Why Choose a Doula?
Doula care and companionship in a hospital/medical environment has been shown to:
* Decrease the need for epidurals and other pain medications.
* Reduce the rate of medical interventions during pregnancy and labor augmentation procedures such as the use of Pitocin.
* Reduce the rate of Cesarean sections.
And in general, having a doula help with your birth experience has been shown to:
* Shortens the labor process, leading to fewer complications.
* Strengthens and kickstarts the process of deep family bonding.
* Increases success rates with breastfeeding.
* Helps the mother's partner participate meaningfully in the birthing process at their own pace.
* Lessens the impact of any postpartum depression.
A doula is there to make you feel secure, empowered and to boost your self-confidence in the birthing process by providing knowledge that will let you make informed decisions and constantly supporting and encouraging you to explore the best options for your birthing experience.